Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Week Eight, Day Two! Loving Life!

Well, my transformation is well under way and I've reached the half way point of Phase 1. For the second time I broke in my new Nike Impact 360 II shoes by running on the treadmill. I found that my impact injury / pain issue that I had with my old shoes is pretty much become a non issue. Definitely worth the money!

I can't help but to chuckle as people are walking by. I imagine them laughing to themselves saying "look at the big guy run"! I've now improved my physical coordination quite a bit and am pretty damn steady on the treadmill. (I rarely hold on now)I'm now able to run for nearly half of my original Cardio time of 20 minutes.

Tonight I did 35 minutes of Cardio - 25 minutes on the treadmill (running for a total of 10 minutes) and then did 10 minutes on the Elliptical. Then, I worked abs (love handle concentration). I have not cheated on my diet and don't plan to. Still eating six meals with an average of 1,850 calories per day and taking in a lot of protein.

Next week I'm going to have to shake up the food choice a bit to give Esby some variety. He's announced that he is off the Fish Market (which is now Monday and Tuesday lunch). So, I'll either have to eat alone or try to work on a new routine.

However, I do fear change more than loneliness. :)

Peace... JH

No comments: