Saturday, April 07, 2007

Super Cardio

So, today I tried a very organized method of escalation cardio on the treadmill. It is really easy: I start by walking at a nice pace of 3.5, with an incline of 3.5 and then I run for one minute every three minutes. In a 20 minute test session this morning, I was able to burn over 450 calories with this method.

Cardio is extremely important and has many benefits. It increases metabolic rate, increases growth hormone secretion, reduces stress levels, increases blood flow to the brain increasing alertness, improves cholesterol levels, improves digestion, and boosts immune-system function. Those are all very good things!

I jam out to a Tool playlist when I'm doing my cardio, as it is also very important to be as entertained as possible so that I don't get bored!!

No comments: