Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Muse Rocks but People are Idiots!

I have to say I've been looking forward to seeing Muse for quite a while. Tonight we finally got to! As the title of this blog entry indicates, I loved Muse but can do without the seemingly idiotic behavior of the people around me. At this concert, Princess and I had the best seats in the house. I enjoy going to a venue I know because it is easy to point our ticket broker in the right direction to acquire the very best seats. Unfortunately, we can't control the people we get seated around that really take away from the experience.

I had every example of people around me tonight. I had the pole dancing diva who is missing a pole but thinks its cute to shake her ass all around, and of course smashing into me countless times. My rule is simple: You've paid to do whatever you want as long as it is in the confines of your pre-determined / ticketed seating area. Not in my face, or on my knee, or especially breaching the sacred hula hoop of my area.

Next, I had the "American Idol Wannabe". She thinks she knows the words, and even thinks she can sing as good as Matt Bellamy. Well, hate to sound Cowell-like but, "You Suck". You wanna sing? Do it at home in the shower, not in my ear at a concert. I did not pay what I paid to hear you sing. I also didn't pay to have you smack my head with your ridiculous dance moves.

Lastly, the row crammers. We had good seats. The security at the Forum was not very tight and we had three people trying to occupy the area of one seat next to my wife. She was bumped into, stepped on, sweat on, spit on, and she had a man's ass in her face that smelled like he shit himself. Not a pleasant experience.

Back to the real subject: Muse at the Forum. They are awesome. They sound even better live than on the studio tracks. They rocked out a cover of the Nina Simone classic "Feeling Good" (made famous by Simone but originally from the Broadway Musical "The Roar of the Greasepaint—the Smell of the Crowd"), where Matt even pulled a little Keenan move and belted out a few verses through a mega phone. Very nice! The original Muse version of Feeling Good appears on their 2001 'Origin of Symmetry'. For me, the highlight of the night was Stockholm Syndrome, my very favorite Muse track.

Back to Phoenix tomorrow morning!

No comments: