Tuesday, March 13, 2007

The Saga of the Fridge

As many of you know, I'm a loyal Marriott person. I belong to their rewards program, earning Platinum status (75+ nights per year) for a while now. Even though my loyalty with Marriott is still there, I decided to take advantage of a deal with Starwood (a competing program) and stay at the Sheraton Phoenix Airport.

Now, I need a fridge due to my special diet, and I requested one upon my "week one" check in. I was promised the fridge and never got it. No big deal. On "week two" I called ahead and requested a fridge, and was told one would be in my room when I arrived. There was no fridge, so I called the front desk. I was told my fridge would be brought up. It never arrived. I called again, and was told they had no more fridges. So, I complained to the Sheraton site, sending an e-mail.

I heard from the front desk manager the last night of my week two stay. I was told that a fridge would be reserved for me and that I would definitely have one for my upcoming stays. He also left a voice mail asking if everything was OK with the fridge in my room. (There was no fridge in my room)

"Week three" I was certain I'd get my fridge. I walked into my room. No fridge. I called the front desk, and delivery was promised. Never heard anything else. I e-mailed the Front Desk manager again, cc'ing the General Manager (who was cc'd on an e-mail that was sent to me). I then got a voice mail from a front desk person telling me that there were no fridges available. So, I e-mailed again and then canceled my upcoming 14 weeks of reservations with the Sheraton. Then, I went to eat and work out.

When I arrived back to my room, there was a fridge there. Also, my voice mail light was blinking and a voice mail from the front desk manager explained how, even though he told his staff to provide the reserved fridge to me, they were somehow confused.

My only question is: What's wrong with these people? If they had never promised the fridge in the first place there would never had been an issue.

No comments: