Saturday, April 21, 2018

Back at it!! Week 1 in Review.

March 6, 2007. That HUGE date in history is when I decided I was a big fat guy who needed to start working out. And I did. Within a year I had lost 100 pounds and was in fantastic shape. Then, 11 years of neglect later, I am a fat guy again.

This time I'm 11 years older. My bones are brittle and my joints hurt. I had no choice but to start to swim for my exercise choice because I risk injury doing anything else.

So we joined the Y in our area and swam I did. I swam everyday. They have two very nice pools. Although I was quite the swimmer 33 years ago when I hung up the speedo... now I pretty much just try not to drown. Survival is key! Swim fat man... SWIM!

Swimming (aka survival) really came natural to me. I love it. After a week I feel strong. And I have lost 8 pounds!

So one week is gone and I have 11 more weeks to go in phase 1.

Peace out...

J

No comments: