Thursday, June 21, 2007

Phase 2, Week 3, Day 4

Next week my diet is changing slightly. Although I've been sticking to the diet for a while now, I am going to be adding more protein. Also, Sushi Tuesdays are OFF!

Eating Sushi alone is one thing. I used to go to Sushi 101, eat a brown rice, a few pieces of nigiri, and some seaweed salad. That was good for me. Sushi is the kind of food you share... meaning a big combined order is made for the whole table and we all dig in. But, since my Sushi Tuesday has become a more "group" affair, the temptation of fusion rolls made with fatty contents and sauces has become too much for me to handle. This week, I ate until I made myself sick. So, until further notice, my Tuesday dinner plans will become a private matter!!

I'm also adding Whey Protein to the mix next week. My lifting has become pretty intense and my muscles are screaming for more food. Without enough protein, muscles begin to cannibalize eat other for fuel. So, a heavy arms day becomes good for the arms, but bad for the core and legs. Then, when I work my legs, they eat my arms. Its really that simple. So, next week I'm going to be increasing my protein calories, my cardio intensity, and my lifting weight to achieve greater results.

Esby and I started to shoot hoops after the workout. We both pretty much suck at basketball, but it was fun to work up a sweat chasing after the ball and just shooting it around a little. It sure beats going back to the hotel to sit around!!

Next week I may try to go for morning hike or two. An easy 45 minute hike may be able to replace boring gym cardio all together. But, I'm worried about twisting my ankle or jamming my knee so I will tread safely.

My next public swim suit event is on July 14th (Day 6, Week 6). I'm expecting to be down another 7-9 pounds by then and I MUST hit that goal!

Running to the airport now!

Peace out... :D

JH

No comments: